Tuesday, June 5, 2012

The Dog Ate My Rent Check

The first 5 days of the month are the busiest in our office.  Rents are due on the 1st and delinquent on the 2nd.  Over the years we've heard lots of excuses as to where those elusive funds happen to be.  Perhaps because when you visit or call our office you deal with a live person. You're not an account on a computer and I can't imagine tenants calling their Visa card and offering the same excuses.  The most popular are:
"the check's in the mail"
"my roommate/spouse/partner sent it"
"I'm mailing it right now"
"I'm out of checks and have to order some new ones"
Recently we heard a new one.  Last month Cinco de Mayo was celebrated.
"I didn't pay my rent because it was Cinco de Mayo"
So...you were too drunk to write a check?  You blew your rent money on Tequila?

No comments:

Post a Comment